It’s Mother’s Day weekend and I’ve got the tastiest muffin recipe to add to your brunch table or better yet, pass along to someone to make for you, hint hint. These Blueberry Coconut Muffins are moist and delicate with flavours of coconut and lemon and will be become a new family favourite! Serve them for breakfast, as an accompaniment to your brunch table or anytime as a tasty snack.
But first…let’s talk about this French bistro style brunch tablescape. I started with a cream linen-look tablecloth and added a mix of tableware. To create a casual and unique table, everything doesn’t have to match, it just has to work together. Experiment with different plates, bowls, and glasses with similar colours and styles. I like how the mugs and wooden accents give this table a rustic feel,. Don’t be afraid to throw in a vintage find like this blue floral side plate. Simply knot oversized striped napkins and place atop each plate. Don’t forget the fresh flowers! Use a pitcher as a vase to complete the French bistro look.
This easy recipe has two parts: the muffins and the lemon glaze topping. You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries and for easy clean-up, line your muffin tins with paper liners. Ready for the recipe?
Blueberry Coconut Muffins
- Stand or hand mixer
- muffin tin
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 lemon rind grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut beverage
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, coconut and lemon rind in large bowl.
- In medium bowl, beat egg. Add coconut milk and butter.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter between 12 muffin cups and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
To make glaze:
- Combine melted butter and lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Add sugar to separate bowl.
- Dip tops of slightly cooled muffins into lemon butter mixture, and then into sugar.
This recipe is super easy to prepare and will be a tasty edition to your morning breakfast or brunch table. Delicious served with fresh fruit, mimosas and cafe latte.
These muffins taste best served immediately but if by chance you have some leftover, pop them in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to warm slightly.
These Blueberry Coconut Muffins have become a real family favourite and I hope you give them a try this spring. If you’re looking for another breakfast or brunch recipe, you will love these Classic Tea Scones that are another family favourite.