A frozen dessert on the patio in the summer is a simple pleasure that our family loves! We love ordering key lime pie in a restaurant and I really wanted to create something similar that we could enjoy at home and would taste equally delicious.If you love frozen desserts too, I know you’ll find my Frozen Mini Key Lime Pies: Easy and Delicious will be your new summer favourite! I’m joining some friends today who are also sharing their tasty frozen desserts too, so be sure to check them all out at the end of the post.
First things first: you’re going to want to make sure you use key limes not regular limes. What’s the difference? Key limes are smaller and slightly yellow in colour. They are more aromatic and have tarter, more floral juice. Trust me, it’s worth the extra work and elbow grease, do not use bottled lime juice either.
A little backstory about these mini crystal dessert cups. My daughter spotted them at HomeSense (HomeGoods) several months ago and encouraged me to get them with the thought of sharing a dessert here with you. Well I’m so glad she did, because they turned out to be a perfect fit for these Mini Frozen Key Lime Pies!
Frozen Mini Key Lime Pies: Easy and Delicious
- Stand or hand mixer
- Silicone cupcake mold
- ¾ cup key lime juice fresh squeezed (about a pound of key limes)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipped topping plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 sleeve graham crackers crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Place graham crackers in a ziploc bag and roll with rolling pin to crush. Mix with butter and set aside.
- Cream mascarpone cheese in mixer until smooth, then add sweetened condensed milk and mix again until smooth. Then add key lime juice and mix until smooth.
- Defrost the whipped topping and fold it into the cheese mixture.
- Fill silicone cupcake pan about 3/4 of the way full and top with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, unmold pies upside down by carefully squeezing each one gently. Place in mini dessert cups if desired.
- Use piping bag to garnish with whipped topping and a key lime slice.
I just know you’re going to love these Frozen Mini Key Lime Pies! They make a refreshing and stunning dessert that’s perfect for summer entertaining. Another one of our favourite desserts in summer is Galette
10 Summery Frozen Dessert Recipes
3-Ingredient Keto Strawberry Creamsicle Popsicles // Tatertots & Jello
Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe // Twelve On Main
Mochi Ice Cream Recipe // Happy Happy Nester
Easy Ice Cream Cupcakes // My 100 Year Old Home
Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches // Modern Glam
Homemade Mango Ice Cream Recipe // Paint Me Pink
Biscoff Ice Box Cake // Most Lovely Things
Frozen Mini Key Lime Pies // Life Is Better At Home
Frozen S’mores Bars // My Sweet Savannah
Best Ever Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato // Maison De Cinq