It’s been a busy start to the year around our home as we prepare for a full kitchen renovation later this spring/summer. It’s hard to believe this is my first post since the holidays! I’ve got lots of spring/summer inspiration to share with you starting with a fun Mother’s Day blog hop. Today I’m sharing this elegant and delicious Blueberry Brioche French Toast that’s sure to make Mom smile and be the perfect addition to your brunch table. I’m joining my blogging friends and there are 10 recipes in total so be sure to check them all out at the end of this post.
When you’re hosting brunch if you’re like me, you love the idea of anything that can be done ahead of time. This recipe has got you covered as it can be prepared the night before and then just popped in the oven! It also calls for thick slices of brioche bread and I honestly don’t know if there’s anything better, yum! It really takes this french toast recipe to the next level. The blueberries can be left out or replaced for another berry if you’re not a fan, but personally I love this combination and it will look beautiful on your table too!
Blueberry Brioche French Toast
- baking pan
- large bowl
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 loaf brioche bread
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 pint blueberries
- maple syrup
- whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- The night before brunch, slice brioche bread into thick pieces (I got 10 slices) and place them in a shallow baking dish. I recommend spraying with a little non-stick spray first and slightly overlapping each piece.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and milk in a large bowl and pour evenly over the bread being sure to coat as much of it as you can.
- Scatter the blueberries overtop, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove pan from refrigerator for about 30 minutes to bring it to room temperature. Turn the oven to 356℉, remove plastic wrap and place in the oven (no need to preheat) Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and puffed with no liquid remaining in the centre.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup, whipping cream and additional blueberries if desired.
This recipe is super easy and will be the star of your brunch table! It’s so light and fluffy with flavours of cinnamon and maple syrup that just melt in your mouth. The powdered sugar atop the blueberries is reminiscent of a treat from a French Bakery.
If you’ve never made french toast with brioche bread you absolutely need to try this recipe! I know you’re going to love how easy it is to prepare the night before and just pop in the oven in the morning. Even better, this recipe is simple enough for kids so share it with them and have them treat YOU for Mother’s Day brunch! They can always use pre-sliced bread to make it even easier and safer hehe.
Thanks for joining me today for this Blueberry Brioche French Toast recipe! Be sure to visit all the bloggers sharing their brunch recipes below. Special thanks to the following:
Flowers: Vivio Flowers
Table linens: Solino Home
Tableware (dinner and salad plates): Fable
Photography: Friday Eve Photo
Blogger’s Best Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes
- Strawberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling | Twelve on Main
- No Bake Lemon Cream Pie | My Sweet Savannah
- Easy Brunch Flower Cinnamon Rolls | Tatertots and Jello
- Blueberry Brioche French Toast | Judy Dill
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe | Happy Happy Nester
- Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet Recipes | My 100 Year Old Home
- Best Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins Recipe | Inspiration for Moms
- Lemon Creme Shortbread Crumble Tart | Finding Lovely
- Orange Cresent Rolls | Eleanor Rose Home
- Quick & Easy Pita Pizza with Pear & Gorgonzola | Most Lovely Things