I can’t believe there are only 10 days until Christmas! I’ve got a lot to do between now and then and I have to say I’m already dreaming about being done and sipping on a festive cocktail. If you love a good holiday cocktail that’s not too rich or sweet like I do, you’re going to love this Ginger Pear Prosecco Sparkler! I’m once again joining some of my blogging friends who are also sharing their favourite holiday drink recipes for the Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series. Be sure to check them all out at the end of the post.
When I was deciding which cocktail to share with you, I knew I wanted something with bubbles and something that would fit with my elegant Christmas theme this year. This drink is perfect for pre-dinner cocktails, girls night or even après ski by the fire.
Ginger Pear Prosecco Sparkler
- potato masher
- sieve or cheesecloth
- cocktail shaker and jigger
- cocktail pick
Ginger Pear Syrup
- 1 pear ripe and sliced, plus extra for garnish if desired
- ½ cup ginger peeled and grated
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
Ginger Pear Prosecco Sparkler
- ½ ounce ginger pear syrup
- ½ ounce gin
- ½ ounce lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 3 ounces prosecco
- candied ginger optional, for garnish
To make syrup:
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Cut pear into slices.
- Combine ginger and pear in saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil on medium heat and reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes (adding more water if needed).
- After 20 minutes, mash mixture with potato masher.
- Add sugar and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Using a sieve and a spoon, squeeze the syrup out of the mixture and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make cocktail:
- Fill cocktail shaker half way with ice.
- Add ginger pear syrup, gin, lemon juice and Prosecco. Shake.
- Pour into champagne coupe glass.
- If desired, top with slices of pear and candied ginger.
This Ginger Pear Prosecco Sparkler is elegant, refreshing and sure to be a hit at your holiday gathering. I recommend serving with a cocktail stick of sliced pear and candied ginger!
In case you missed it, check out my Elegant Holiday Home Tour for any last minute holiday decor or styling tips for your home. Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a cookie recipe so be sure to check back then. Thanks for joining me today and please let me know if you make my Ginger Pear Prosecco Sparkler and what you think! Now it’s time to visit the other bloggers below for more holiday drink ideas.
This week is my friends and I are sharing our holiday drink recipes, just in time for you to enjoy them this season! You can visit their posts by clicking on the links below the images.
Homemade Mulled Wine for Christmas at The Happy Housie
Naughty but Nice Christmas Cocktail at Inspiration for Moms
Merry Mistletoe Margaritas at This is Our Bliss
Cranberry Whiskey Mule at Modern Glam
Dark and Stormy Cocktails at Finding Silver Pennies
Pomegranate Cosmopolitan Cocktail at Maison de Cinq
3 Ingredient Easy Spiced Apple Gin Cocktail at The DIY Mommy
Ginger Pear Prosecco Sparkler at Life is Better at Home
Creamy Peppermint Punch at Clean and Scentsible
Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board at Life is a Party
A Festive Holiday Spiced Coffee Recipe at She Gave it a Go
Easy Chai Tea Latte at Paint Me Pink