Banana Ginger Teacakes with Maple Frosting
I’m so thrilled to be joining some blogger friends for a cupcake blog hop today! If it’s your first time here, then welcome and if you’ve stopped by before, I’m so glad you’re back! I’m sharing a recipe that is very near and dear to me and one that my Mom made for me when I was growing up, but with a twist. The next time you have some brown bananas laying around, you’re going to want to give this one a try! These Banana Ginger Teacakes with Maple Frosting have all the yummy banana goodness you’d expect, with a touch of ginger and molasses AND a sweet maple frosting that’s perfect for fall.
I’ve set up my sideboard for fall and these cupcakes are the perfect addition! Do you spy my rose wall decals on the other wall in the mirror?
banana ginger teacakes
1/2 cup soft butter
1 tsp. ginger
1 cup sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cups mashed ripe banana
1/4 cup molasses
- Cream together butter, ginger and sugar in mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Blend into creamed mixture alternatively with bananas and molasses.
- Fill greased muffin cups or liners 3/4 full.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 mins or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool completely.
3 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar
1 cup butter at room temperature
6 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- In a stand mixer, whip the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the icing sugar one cup at a time. Start mixing slow then increase speed to med/high.
- Scrape down the sides and add maple syrup.
- Mix until light and creamy.
In keeping with my neutral and natural fall decor this year, I used cream roses and eucalyptus and of course I added a couple of white pumpkins. My favourite gold cutlery adds an elegant touch.
My Mom used to ice these with vanilla frosting, but I’ve switched things up a little and created this tasty maple frosting that’s perfect for fall! Am I getting you in the mood to do some fall baking yet?!? These teacakes are lovely for breakfast, brunch or a sweet after-school snack for the kids!
Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to visit all the bloggers on the tour for more yummy fall and Halloween inspiration.
Fall and Halloween Cupcake Ideas
Today I’m joining some of my favorite bloggers in this fun fall themed blog hop. Click the links below to visit more fun fall and Halloween cupcake ideas!
Easy Halloween Cupcakes / Modern Glam
Best Cupcake Recipes / My 100 Year Old Home
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes / My Sweet Savannah
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes / Zevy Joy
Caramel Apple Cupcakes / The Happy Housie
Caramel Corn Cupcakes / Town and Country Living
Mini Cauldron Cakes / Tatertots & Jello
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing / Twelve on Main
Jack ‘O Lantern Halloween Cupcakes / Finding Lovely
Easy Kid-Friendly Halloween Treats / Pink Peppermint Design
Banana Ginger Teacakes / Life Is Better At Home
So beautiful Judy! Love the white pumpkins and the neutral colours and those cupcakes looks and sound heavenly. If only I could eat them 😉🧡